As you are aware, due to the global COVID-19 situation Qatari authorities have taken the extraordinary measure of closing all teaching institutions at every educational level until further notice.
To our community’s advantage, SEK Group has been a pioneer in the implementation and use of technology, SEK-Qatar has the necessary means and infrastructure to guarantee quality online learning for all our students and ensure the continuity of our academic activity online. We feel proud and thankful that throughout this time our online learning efforts have been successful.
You can rest assure that we have a wide range of platforms, resources and tools that will help us to continue with active and personalized learning over all our educational stages. We have full support from the SEK Education Group, as they have developed protocols and each school is preparing to offer quality online learning until the world’s current circumstances change.
At this time of extraordinary contingency measures, it is important that we all, as members of the SEK community, support each other, and face this new challenge with flexibility and mutual trust.
Communication will be essential throughout this process, so we invite you to stay in touch with your child’s tutor or coordinator, who can answer your questions and offer information relevant to your child’s or children’s online learning process.
Furthermore, if you require assistance managing your child’s emotional needs, please reach out to our counselors. You can get in contact with them through ManageBac and via email.
We want to give you a warm ‘thank you’ for trusting SEK-Qatar, and for working with us hand in hand.
We have collected several resources that we want to share here with you, which will help you during this time of quarantine in supporting your child’s online learning experience:
1. Learn how to use our platforms with our online learning tutorials for parents -for example: how to join meetings with teachers, use TEAMS and OneNote, amongst others.
2. Help your child understand how to better use tools like Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive and more with these videos from the Microsoft team itself.
3. Get advice from our counsellors to support the mental and emotional health of your children.Self-Care Activities
4. Assist your child in having the best online learning experience at home, and learn the ways of acceptable digital behaviour and online safeguarding with these resources.Microsoft Tools for Parents 10 Tips for Online Learning SEK Netiquette SEK Online Safeguarding Considerations
5. Stay up to date with the situation in Qatar and in the world by visiting the websites dedicated to COVID-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Ministry of Public Health and the Qatar Media Center.World Health Organization Ministry of Public Health Qatar Media Center